E-paw's Orphan challenge part 2
For the next part of this challenge I have a switch that needs some attention.     It sits on what will become part of my Gern plant at the western edge of Easton. You'll notice on the side of the layout near the switch it's labeled Nazareth, That was the original track plan, It's all different now. The switch is so close to the edge of the layout that the bench work interferes with switch machine that I was trying to mount under the layout. At that time I was using a version of a switch machine that Garry S. had come up with. Lately I have been using the type that I have talked about earlier. I just never got around to it.

I first removed the through bar and the first tie before it, and cut a new PC board tie to fit it the location of the old through bar. This was soldered to only one of the switch points. I also filled in the hole in the foam with a piece of a paper towel.

I took a new wooden tie, attached a slide switch to it, and soldered the leads to it.

I drilled a new hole on the table and fished my wires in I used some white glue to secure the tie/switch assembly in place.

I covered the aria with some dirt to blend it in and soldered the other switch point in place with the slide switch in the correct position. This gives me the proper gauge and clearance on the switch points.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread