Layout tour pix
This past weekend, Dr Wayne and I went on the "Doubleheaders" layout tour in the Kitchener-Waterloo area of southern Ontario. The tour is self-directed, so you sign up at the club HQ and armed with a map, and GPS, set off to see the member's layouts. The map has a list of the various layouts with descriptions of scale and theme, so you can pick and choose the ones you want to see.

Our first stop was at a new RR club, tucked way around the back of a small industrial complex, with tracks running behind as well. They were in the process of cleaning up and prepping the space for a large layout, and had also started work on a modular layout for shows. It will be interesting to go back next year to see what progress they've made.

[Image: P1010215.JPG]

This is the next layout. I was planning to be a lot more organized about this, but I'm afraid I'm just not that kind of person!!! I can tell you it was HO, and featured thousands of beautifully crafted trees all over the hills, and some very nice CSX motive power.

[Image: csx.jpg]

[Image: P1010218.JPG]

[Image: P1010220.JPG]

[Image: P1010226.JPG]

Dispatcher's corner:

[Image: P1010228.JPG]

Stunning scenery:

[Image: P1010229.JPG]

[Image: trees.jpg]

Plexiglass sides protect the layout across the duckunder:

[Image: P1010230.JPG]

Just outside of the layout room. I love the trains across the mantel. This track continues along, under the stairs and connects back to the layout again.

[Image: P1010231.JPG]

Messages In This Thread