You say What..?
Wow what a fast response team,
Nachoman, Shortliner, BR60103 and Squidbait, thank you for all the help, a very knowledgeable crew we have here, and I guess if I had half a brain I would have seen what you have pointed out to me.

I can now see In this picture, that the motor drives the front truck ...... but is powered by the two leads from the pickup on the back truck . 35 So I would assume as squidbait says that the motor is isolated from the track.
[Image: img_0317.jpg]

Time to show a bit more ignorance. Goldth
I notice that there is a resistor on the lead that goes first to the light, before clipping onto the motor body to complete the circuit, this would be to drop the voltage to the light?
Does this have any implications to the running voltage of the motor in DC....if any.
I guess it won't matter if a decoder is put in.

And I suppose the decoder would have the white (or is it yellow) and blue wires going to the front light as per normal, but does it matter which wire ( white or blue ) the resistor is on?

New Information every day here.
A "Pancake motor" I didn't know that's what it was called, Thanks Shortliner a veritable mine of info... Thumbsup but now you need to be able to add to that for me before you get a star, 357 and let me know if it is worthy or able to handle a dcc decoder, insofar as the slow speed and smoothness etc.

Thanks again for the interest and help.

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy

Messages In This Thread