Modeling Cliches to Avoid when Building your Layout
doctorwayne Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:As regards your comment about the Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette, I have lost interest in that publication because they have never included N-scalers.

Perhaps there aren't a great many N-scalers working in narrow gauge. Also, a lot of folks go to N scale because they can fit more layout into a given space, allowing them to model a bigger chunk of railroad - usually mainline stuff as opposed to shortlines.
Don't forget, too, that most magazines rely on articles and photos submitted by their readers. If you see a need, it could be a good opportunity to share your expertise and make some cash, too.

I do agree with your way of thinking on N scale, though: if I were just starting into model railroading, (but somehow still retained the knowledge of it which I've acquired over the last 50 years or so Misngth ), I'd likely opt for a branchline or shortline, with minimal track and equipment, and in N scale. Still, I'm sure I could manage to include a few layout cliches. Goldth

Wayne

I certainly plan to - but I plan to change them at the same time. I will make my mark on the modeling world! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread