I'm Still Wondering...
You betcha! I have a full set of plans for a lake Sternwheeler plus a set for a transfer slip and barge.....some decent general arrangement drawings of the lake tugs as well. I figure I'll actually get to building them sometime next year......late next year. My first priority, of course, is to get some benchwork done, then some track laid. This'll be handlaid all the way, using custom made turnouts (I can't build one to save my life! Wallbang ) and a lot of scratchbuilt everything else because there are few to no kits existing for the equipment I want to model.

I figure I'll need to live until I'm 105 at least to get this done 35 .........don't mind me, just imagineering somewhat. Glad I finally got started though.....it's been a very long time. The Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette has published some good looking mine structures in the last couple of editions, with more to come......and though I be a humble retired draftsman, that will save me a lot of time just drawing plans.

If I could have one wish granted right now, it would be to have the skills of a Tetters, for example......but I'll take what God gave me, put it to good use and see what I get.

Cheers!
Gord Schneider
Port Credit, Ontario
President and Chief Engineer
Kootenay Lakes Steam & Navigation Co. Ltd.

Messages In This Thread