Martin's Creek Station
I recently acquired a Stella Scale Models Martins Creek station/yard office. It is such a nice kit, and so easy to build, I thought I'd try to write a review for it. The building walls are cast as one piece, as is the roof, and they are incredibly detailed. Assembling the kit for the most part is a matter of painting. Here are pics of the wall unit, the first shows one side as it comes, the other shows the other side, and you can see I removed material below the window in order to build a loading door there.

I wound up also doing this on the other side. The very informative instruction sheet mentions that there is evidence that a wood platform surrounded the structure, but that there are no photographs of it. One of the indicators that such a platform existed was that what were once loading doors were converted to windows, as the model comes. Also, there were 2x6 timbers around the structure which could have supported a platform, this detail is on the wall unit, you can see them just below the first course of stone. Actually, the bldg is not built of stone, but prefab concrete block cast to look like stone. They were a concrete color. The building was apparently used as a yard office on the prototype, but since my layout is freelanced, and I needed a freight house, I elected to scratchbuild the wood platform, and loading dock doors.

Here is a pic of the roof

Messages In This Thread