Which is the best model railroad magazine?
The best model railroad magazine...........teaches, and provides inspiration.
So! the best model railroad magazine will be the one that currently teaches you what you need at the time.
Because of that, what is the best, will change as your requirements change, as you develop your skills and abilities.
It took me several years after MR ceased to teach and inspire, before I ended my subscription. I continue to check the magazine out at my Local Hobby Shop, but still haven't found the essential things it once provided for me. I will continue looking, there's bound to be something that would be useful, but not enough of it to warrant the cost of subscribing.
It's not that "I know it all", it's just that I want to learn, and I want to build. RTR is not a major part of my hobby, and DCC isn't as impressive to me any longer. If that's all a magazine contains ( along with too high a percentage of advertising, and the "Good ole Boys layouts" ), then I'm not its target audience.
Railroad Model Craftsman, is my only current subscription. I pick up Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette, and the "annuals", as there is usually something in them I can use.

Warning: Shameless plug!....You are reading this in the finest model railroad "magazine" out there,
Big Blue, The-Gauge.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread