possible DCC system problem?
I have a Brass locomotive that previously ran fine, and at home, it also runs fine. However, the last time i brought it to the club, it would run erratically. While it would run at whatever speed it was on the throttle, It would suddenly stop. strangely, if i lowered the throttle settings, (suppose it was on speed step 28), and then increased them, it would start up again. sometimes it would just dead stop.

this is odd, since it ran through this same area of track the very first time i test ran it under DCC, and it ran perfectly.

It is a six axle locomotive equipped with a TCS MC2 decoder. the locomotive looks like only 2 axles on each truck that picks up power, and they only pick up power on one side of the locomotive. However, it runs fine on my layout, and the club had just cleaned the tracks before i put my engine on the tracks (keep in mind that it ran on these same tracks fine when it was dirty). I scrubbed the wheels and got nothing, they looked shiny to start with.

the only thing is that some of my decoders have been behaving funny on the NCE system at the club (some won't even start), yet at home with my MRC Prodigy Express, they run fine, and without issue.

any possible explanations/fixes?

Chris
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread