A N N I V E R S A R Y - We're OPEN!!!!!!!
Some history (Includes some current members here)

12 - 15 - 2000 --- Dave H creates the "Admin" name on the Gauge .com

12 - 17 - 2000 --- Shamus joins

12 - 18 - 2000 --- Catt joins

12 - 20 - 2000 --- ngauger joins

12 - 30 - 2000 --- railohio joins

12 - 17 - 2008 --- The latest incarnation of The Gauge Officially opens

Well, here we are at another turnout.. We have weathered storms, kept alive on the hopes and dreams of our hobby.

In the past 8 years, I have been a Moderator and them administrator of all 4 "gauges".. ezdays and the Moderators and I have seen way too much harassment, arguing, complaining, and other negative things here.

I stand on this post - my 8th anniversary (Saturday), saying to each and every one of you:
I wouldn't trade the bad times here for anything!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

The good times, the fun, the behind the scenes work all make up for any negativity here... The Gauge (now called Big Blue) is the greatest forum that I have ever been involved in...

and it's all your fault!!! Worship Yes, you!! The members! The members make Big Blue what it is. you create things (Photos, scenery and railroads) for your own enjoyment, but you just don't keep it secret.. No! Smile

You post these creations here, these manifestations of your mind and heart and soul.. for all to see!!!!

And that's the BEST PART for me, I truly enjoy seeing these things here, i enjoy sharing things I build too... And that's what this is really about! Eight years of "our Community" - all of us together.. one reason - To Share information!!!

Weather it's Chief Eagle with his Lake home, TomPM with his family, Doctorwayne with a picture or 4 or 5 Big Grin Big Grin Or My Daily weather report from LA..from Jeffrey...

We are a family here.. and if you still don't believe, that I am humbled... When we thought it was time to move on again, I helped build this board, along with Path and Ezdays!!

When times get tough here, always think of these things.. Smile You are the basic foundation (Ballast???) of a great railroad board! Without the members, we would have no reason to survive, and our "road" would wash away in the rain......

Over the years we have lost many friends... Scoobylovin lost a young son.. horrible in any sense of the world's righteousness.

As far as Staff, here, We lost Matthyro and most recent Shamus.

You see, the bad is truly horrible here... in our little section of the universe....

But the good memories, the good thoughts and the good feelings we get from being here every day with each other help us cope,,,,,

'As of this post, I officially open BIG BLUE, formerly known as The Gauge!!

I welcome you all here - Again - Thanks for coming, We know it was your choice and we deeply appreciate it!!!!!

and look what I dug out of my archives!!!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread