Kato Unitrack vs Bachmann EZ track (N scale)
Can I please ask some questions regarding these two brands? Worship

(I tried looking up the info on their websites and using the "search" feature here first, but couldn't find what I wanted. Perhaps I didn't phrase my searching correctly.)

Anyway, I am under the impression that the Kato Unitrack is the preferred choice over the EZ track product. As I am still armchairing it, I would like to decide on one brand or the other before I start buying anything! . . . What do YOU guys think?

Since any layout I will build will have to be quite small, I will not need any remote turnouts or crossovers and would prefer to operate them manually to minimize wiring, etc. But both the Unitrack and the EZ track turnouts and crossovers seem to be remote only. (I know that Atlas and Peco offer manual turnouts, but I wanted to go with a built-in roadbed product rather than the "flex track" stuff) . . . Is it possible to manually move a remote turnout?

Finally, If I am forced to use the remote (wired) crossover, would I need a separate power pack?

Thanks very much, guys! Cheers I would greatly appreciate your opinions and suggestions!

All best,
Joe
"I've got my facts pretty clear . . . all I want now is to know what they all mean."

Messages In This Thread