Downtown Orlando, Fl
Without a dought,Orlando and Miami Florida have very interesting locations for rail service.I was up till 4:00 this morning surfin' google maps,and was literally amazed by the amount of small businesses served by rail.Expecially along a single branchline type trackage.I have been searching in my own neck of the woods(Michigan),and to be honest have come to complete dissapointment :cry: Most of the rail served industry is just too far and in between.

Most of the complexes,buidings are anywhere from 300-700ft in width and over 2000 in length...wow,try and fit that on your layout.Using the google scale as a guide i converted a structure that was 300ft in width and used my pc converter and it came out to be 3'-6"in HO scale.because i will be producing my scratch built buildings to actual scale,it looks like i will have to find some smaller scale buildings,and industry.I'm not going to do the "building flat" thing,or backdrops so i have have to concentrate on the smaller ones.

I came accross alot of packing companys that were small,along with company's that produce packaging materials.Distributions centers were also found to be of smaller size,where material was brought in by rail then shipped out via semi trailer.
Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread