Anybody interested in a new challenge?
nachoman Wrote:My thought was for people to take a used car, or a car of lesser quality that they would not normally run or use on their layout, and upgrade it into something useable. The end result need not be a piece of rolling stock or a piece of active rolling stock. Examples would be Jeffrey's rusting 0-6-0 by his loco shop, or taking an old junker boxcar and turing it into a MoW shed. My thought was a challenge using junker or lesser quality cars that people already have laying around, or used cars that can be had for less than 5 bucks at a swap meet.
i see what you're getting at Smile Smile Neat idea!! I was only asking since I have a few hoppers I want to bash into 4 smaller "single truck" hoppers.. they run now, but I need short cars for my mines and the 4' diameter curves i have.. I can always think of something else Smile but i would be creating something out of wood, then... not using plastic, since everything i do seems to be wood or Styrofoam now Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The hopper I'm talking about is in this picture here
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1987#p31918">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1987#p31918</a><!-- l -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread