iPhone Throttles
That's like that with everything, prices keep going up, not everyone can afford a $50 hopper, nor would buy 100 of them. $22 for a pair of coal loads? $240 locomotive that's still not prototypically accurate? I could go on but you should get the point by now 219

Small electronic devices are cheap now, why do we need to pay 1970's high technology prices for them?

The prices have gotten so high not many people buy things, then the company only sees less product bought and does not lower price but makes pre-ordering and limited runs.

The prices of things in this hobby has gotten crazy, we are pay the 'made in america price' for really cheap 'made overseas products, so owners can save the buck on to themselves, not us. Things like RTR, for double the price? retarded. take Bowser for example, American made company, I can buy one of their 100 ton hopper kits for $10, but if it was RTR it's $21, wheres the sense in that, it takes me 5 minutes to build one of there kits at home. How long does it take them to build it at the plant, probably even less but still they can hire on a guy at $7-10/hr to make 12 RTR's in an hour to double the price. They think it's great, but at the bottom it doesn't sell as much as the kits and therefore the RTR's collect dust on shelves at hobby stores. Now I'm not saying this is how they do it but it's the average way companies try to make more money (I've worked in manufacturing my whole life) with RTR items. Now hobby shop owners are starting to dislike Boswer cause parts are being made overseas, they are holding back products, no one knows what's going on with them. They are following the path of other companies years ago.

Price needs to drop
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.

Messages In This Thread