iPhone Throttles
Yeh i agree . Prices are to high. RTR started because there was a market for it .It seems that way with alot of things . Nobody wants to spend the time building kits they want to see it run . I used to like the old Athern BB rollingstock. You could bring it home and do whatever you wanted to it . If it didnt work out you put away and waited for another Idea and at 5.00 to 8.00$ a kit it didnt matter .Now you pay from 20.00 up to 100.00 $ for RTR that you have to bring home and 9 times out of 10 you have to fix anyway . Its even worse you know the manufacturer got a volume discount from where ever and only paid 4 bucks a unit if that . But as all those that contacted the company and wanted RTR this is what we got . Here in Canada prices are about 30% higher than in the US which is a real pain in the wallet . But thats the market I guess . Now if I want to build cars I have to pay more and really think twice before cutting into it to build what I wanted in the first place. Its alot harder to cut into a 30.00 $ car than it was an old BB Athern for 4 bucks. But we do it for the love of railways and the love of modeling . Prices will come down one day but will it be to late when they do. I think it is already to late . I think were getting off topic here . I just figure if you want a phone then use it for a phone , Same as with music use an ipod if you want ,But keep you modelrailrod just that and even though it hurts support the manufacturers or one day thats all we may have to use is an iphone. MartyG

Messages In This Thread