iPhone Throttles
tomustang Wrote:
nachoman Wrote:than figure out what I can do with my I-phone (not that I even would consider having such a complicated phone in the first place!)
The iphone is really easy to use, thus the popularity. however running it with PC based hardware/software is nothing but fail.\

Say WHAT? I wouldn't in a million years buy a Mac, I've used them in the past. I am strictly Windows (and a little Linux). But I do have an iPhone, and I have no problem at all with using it with my Windows computers. I've even built a new computer and transferred everything over since I first got the iPhone. WiThrottle worked the very first time I tried it, with no hassles at all, and so it became only the second app in 2 years of iPhone ownership that I purchased.

I DO consider it a nearly free solution. JMRI is free. I'd have the computer interface for my DCC system anyway (in fact I did, since before even the first iPhone was released). I'd have the iPhone anyway, it's my primary phone for both work and home and I also use it for such things as work email and reading books. I've been using smartphones for a long time now, because I hate carrying around multiple devices in my daily life, and so far the iPhone is the best of the bunch. So the only 'expense' I had was the cost of the WiThrottle app. For a visitor who doesn't want to pay for it, the free Lite version is sufficient to run a train.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread