Installing a Tsunami in an Atlas Engine
Hi guys, quick question that hopefully somebody can shed some light on for me.

Now, let me say first that I am asking a question that I have ABSOULETLY no knowledge of, and the person I have installing my decoder is stumped too. Thus, I can't answer any questions immediately, until they are put towards me, and then I can ask my "installer guy" for confirmation of said question. Confused yet? Good, I am too!

Bottom line is that I have a brand new, top of the line Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder for my F-M Atlas (HO) H-15-44, and what the problem is, is not the install itself, but if there is a way to install the decoder, and still get the class lights to work after installing the decoder.
If you aren't familiar with the loco, it comes as a dual mode engine from Atlas, and as you go in reverse or forward, the class light LEDs change from red to green, depending.
My installer's problem/question is, he has but to wires left on the decoder, and has no idea that once he installs the Tsunami, will this feature still work? He said the LEDs have three wires coming off them (red/green/nutral).

I'd like to have this cool feature work, but I'd really like to have it SOUND cool, too.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

RAH

Messages In This Thread