Stumped. Tsunami installation into P2K GP9
Steamtrains Wrote:Hey..!! A photo-heavy thread would be great...!!
About the milling...I've read many threads where people do this milling step...What's the milling for..??

To make room for the speaker of course. At least pretty much in my case.

The P2K shell fits sooo tight over the chassis that there is not much room to get stuff in there. So you literally have to make some. As far as weight is concerned, I don't think the chassis really carries that much as it is made out of cast aluminum. This is not the first time I've milled a chassis either to make room for "stuff".

O.K. So anyways, I got this thing all wired for power and stuff, hooked up the speaker and viola! Sound! Yippee! I took several pictures last night and test fit the shell and realized that I still had to make more room for the speaker. So I did a "do over", disassembled everything, and took a little bit more off the top at the one end of the chassis. Plenty of room now. I just don't want to feel like I have to cram everything in there when I do the "final" install.

I have to install the LEDs and resistors which I will do tonight. Once I get everything back together and assembled I will post up the pictures of my adventures in sound decoder installation.

Stay tuned.

Messages In This Thread