Stumped. Tsunami installation into P2K GP9
I guess I should close off this thread with a BIG THANK YOU!!! to absolutely everyone who contributed with their insight and suggestions.

Awesome!

Some final installation shots of the patient and perhaps some more clues for anyone else who might want to attempt this... Just remember, I am a hack, this was the first every sound decoder I've done, and I still don't have a clue about programming quirks or tricks.

The frame after milling the second time around. I sanded a bit more off the loong hood portion. I run my Geeps long hood forward just as an FYI.
[Image: DSC03598.jpg]

Comparison shot with an unmodified chassis from another P2K Geep I have.
[Image: DSC03592.jpg]

Trucks removed and red lead soldered to them.
[Image: DSC03595.jpg]

I popped the plastic covers off the inside that covered the holes for the plastic fan grills to let the sound out.
[Image: DSC03599.jpg]

One more money shot.
[Image: DSC03615.jpg]

Its funny as I've been playing around with the CV's there was a moment there where I did something which disabled the lights...I was like, "OH THAT'S JUST GREAT!!!" So I kept going over the manuals and the CV's ( 29 I think) and pretty much fixed it through trial and error and a bit of brute force programming. There was one situation where the lights would only come on when my cab was only showing even numbers for the speed. Funny things those CV's.

Anyhow. All is good. Directional lights are working, Rule 17 works. Now I just need to play with the momentum so that she doesn't stop on a dime everytime I throttle back on the decoder.

Cheers! Cheers

Messages In This Thread