What dont you like about this hobby
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin You all should try this in 1:20.3 large "F" Scale Big Grin

~~ Track: between $3.50 and $4.00 a foot...

~~ Engines about the same price as HO or N "good" manufacturers.. Starting at $120.00 to the "perfect models: Ex.: GG-1 $3000.00 ------- 2-8-2 Steam (electric powered) $9000.00 Real steam is sometimes higher!! -- I build my own out of wood and just buy the "motors" for around $25.00 on E-bay

~~ Buildings start at $80.00 each!! -- which is why I build all my own stuff Big Grin

~~ Metal axles and wheels are $14.00 - $16.00 a set of 4!! Shoot and the cars start at $50.00 each too!!! and can run as high as $200.00 (I build my own rolling stock too) Smile Smile

Do I mind? yes, sometimes.. But I make do Smile

What I don't like about "the hobby" is: As long as I have been in it, (since 1982) I have never liked creating scenery. I like doing buildings, but don't like building the walkways, streets, sidewalks back yard details etc.. Nope Nope

...... just never "got into' it Sad It's always the last thing I do on any layout I've done - and this time it has taken 4 years to get started and about a year to "get moving" on it.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread