What dont you like about this hobby
Will_Annand Wrote:Modellers who whine.

The guys who complain about new releases because it does not 100% match the one unit that his/her favourite railroad used to run. You know the type....

"Why can't _____ get it right? Their ______ locomotive was released with the wrong horn configuration, and that model never had the new paint job, it only had the paint job that my railroad used for two years between 1938 and 1940.

Or, those who complain more generally.

"Why are laser cut kits always of such old buildings?"
Well, newsflash for you, new buildings are brick or steel and metal sidings.

Instead of thanking manufacturers for coming out with more variety in structures and new models of locos and rolling stock, they whine.

I say, if you are that particular, take the time and learn how to kitbash.
Modify that loco so it looks 100% like your prototype.

We have a fellow up here who is very insistant that every diesel he puts on his layout must be accurate. But he never whines about it, he purchases the model and kitbashes it to be what he wants. This modeller I have the uttmost respect for.
Whiners I have no respect for.

I should buy you a beer for this post. But in general, anyone who whines about something that either doesn't matter, or about a situation they have control over or simply don't understand drive me nuts. I bet the same individuals who whine about model details also go home and whine to their wives. If they are single or divorced, perhaps this is the reason why. Yeah, i wish there were more smaller, earlier steam locomotives available in HO - but heck I should feel blessed there are as many model railroad manufacturers as their are.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread