NCE dcc systems
Happy Easter to you too.
I am going to guess that you are talking about the NCE Power Cab starter system.
I have had one for about 3 years. One of the most user friendly systems you can get. Easy to use, layman read outs on the display. Will program sound, or any decoders with out any other devises. Easy to read manual. Good product support and the price is hard to beat. There are a couple of down sides to a Power Cab. If you have any reverse loops. There is no auto reverse module that will work with the Power Cab. Also you can not unplug the throttle and move to a different panel- when you unplug the system will shut down-all the brains are in the hand held throttle. It will not operate a DC locomotive (no decoder) on address 00 like Digitrax.
I just upgraded my system to a Smart Booster (SB3a) Now I have a 5 amp system, and use the Power Cab with a separate power supply for my USB connection for use with Decoder Pro for programming. I use the throttle of the Power Cab on the Smart Booster system. I have a reverse loop and this is why I upgraded.
Lenz is a good system, but it looks like they are sitting on there hands- NO radio- unless you use a wireless phone. The prices have gone through the roof.
Get a Power Cab for you home and if you need a Lenz throttle for club operation, just buy a Lenz throttle only for that.

Messages In This Thread