Wind and rain on the layout
Yesterday I was walking home from the train station, through the rain, and before I realized, I was thinking of how great a mrr layout with wind and rain would look. After seeing quite a few layouts, either at shows or online, it seems to me that most of the time layouts are quite dry and sunny, but rainy days are quite common in many places, so a layout featuring wet weather would be quite realistic, don't you think?

On the modeling side the atmosphere could be set by suitable use of lighting and a background - that way any layout could probably be converted at least a little. Use of sound might work to give the illusion of wind and rain (real wind and water might not be a good idea most of the time) and finally modeling puddles and wet ground might add to the effect.

But well - has anyone given any of these things a try, is anyone aware of layouts with a rainy theme or has any of you given this a thought? I will probably not bring any of this in practice anytime soon, but for some long-term project, who knows.

norm
-norm

Messages In This Thread