Playing cards
I know i asked for help here and not much surfaced. So i have tooled around and come up with this any questions or ideas welcome and yes its free to copy and use.

Write down all industries such as woods lumber burns fuel standard tools and so on as what industries you have.
Take a deck(s) of playing cards write down on each card a car number along with road name such as railbox 1234 gatx 1234 and southern pacific gondola 1234 (also can abreviate road names).
Next decide what industries need what type of cars (each card can hold up to 3 industries useing this method). For example railbox 1234 can be used at industry woods lumber ( write a 1-3 next to
that industry on the card
, them numbers will come into play later) and lets use standard tools as the 2nd industry (write a 4-6 next to that industry on the card)
Once you have found the cars needed at what industry you have such as the one above you repeat the process for other cars you have. Now you can use dice to select how many cards you draw
for me one die will do. Lets say i roll a 5 so now i draw 5 cards. Pick up your loco and head to the yard and pick up them cars or switch them cars out from yard into a train. Now comes the part
where you wrote the numbers next to the industrie(s) on the card you have choosen for that rail car. Lets take rail box 1234 and look at the 2 industries for that car you have wrote on the card,
take the dice and give it a toss. Lets say you roll a 4 now you look at the card and not 4-6 will go to standard tools, so now you know thats where the car has to go. Make a box holder for them
industries this is where you can leave the card there where the car is spotted. Now you question how do i know when to pick up the car(s)? Well heres my idea once you roll the dice for a new run
of cars lets say the SP gondola gets called on to go to standard tools. Once that car arrives at standard tools take your dice and roll it if you end up with a 1-3 car stays till next run and if
roll a 4-6 pick up that car and return the car to the yard or the industry that requiers it back. Cars such as coal cars or fuel cars and so on need to go back to that industry. UHOH!!!! that
industry cant hold no more cars...... no sweat you can forward them cars to a holding track or yard till space becomes avalible. As a bonus you want to add a bit of fun for rip work just take a
few extra cards and write RIP on it and the car that was drawn befor the rip card was is to shove off to the rip track and you can use the dice deal here as well 1-3 stays 4-6 ready to go back
into service. As cars are returned to service place the card back into the deck and shuffle and have fun.
Harry Check out my blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/">http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread