Cars Picked Up Without a Work Order Form
dave1905 Wrote:
Justinmiller171 Wrote:Thanks! Thats what I was thinking it meant, I assume it would also be used for cars that need repair or for bad orders.

Its not intended for bad orders. Its intended for work which was not given to the crew when they left the terminal with their paperwork.

If the car was on their work order when they left the terminal (to pick up or spot) and its bad ordered they make a not on the work order that the car is bad ordered.

The form in question is for all the moves that aren't on the work order, that the industries give the train crews when they get to the industry. If the industry wants a car moved from spot 2 to spot 5, that's a chargeable switch. That goes on the form.
anything that the industry tells the train to do with the cars that isn't on the work order is recorded and the industry is charged the appropriate switching charges.

That was under ideal conditions..Some times we would not pick up the empty if there was extra work involved because we was rush for time-remember more then likely you are tying up the main line and in the way and all the while the DS is screaming his fool head off that he has trains to run and we need to clear up..Some times we would recieve orders(by radio) not to pick up a empty car and just clear up at the next siding..I recall several times we would clear in a industry lead. :o
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread