Atlas MP-15dc With Sound
Charlie B Wrote:Ed, did you do a mechanical reset or a digital reset?
I don't know for sure if that unit has a way to reset it mechanically, but if it does try it, and sometimes you have to reset a few times.
What DCC system are you using? Sometimes a reset works best on the program track, in fact if it has lost its address, that or the manual reset are the only way it will reset.
Charlie
Charlie;
I did the reset digitally. Atlas has what they call a "Magnetic Wand" reset that came with it and must be done on a section of DC powered track, but haven't tried that. I did try the reset on the programming track and it does not appear to have changed anything, as the long address is still in the decoder. Am I correct that it should have reset the decoder to address 03 after a reset?

Since I've had this model since July, the Atlas warranty (good for only 90 days) no longer applies, so if I send it back to Atlas, it will cost me! Ugh!!!

I'll try again to reset the loco using the "magnetic wand" thing and/or on the programming track see if that works. If not, I give up! I'm really puzzled as to how the model was running so nice, then just from sitting in the box for a couple of weeks, it now will not run.

Will let you know what happens.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread