Atlas MP-15dc With Sound
rrinker Wrote:However - you may have it in one of the shutdown modes. Do a double press of F6 to get it to start up - see of that's all it is.
--Randy
Randy! You're my hero tonight! That was indeed the problem - pressing F6 a couple of times and she came back to life - although for some reason it would run very jerky. I tried using the "Magnetic Wand" thing to reset it per the instructions that came with the model, but couldn't get it to work. So I did a digital reset and now she is running great! Reprogrammed in my long address for the loco and everything is A-OK!

I guess the last time I ran it, I must have used the F6/F9 function to simulate shutting the loco down and forgotten about it. With my BLI NW-2 - I always have to press F6 to start up and can then use F9 to simulate shutting it down. Works like a charm. But with the Atlas loco, using F9 to simulate the shut down seems tricky. At any rate...

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Thanks guy's for helping this DCC newbie out - I'll get the hang of it one of these days!!! For now, I'll just stick with blowing the horn, ringing the bell and prototype running speeds. I'll master the other stuff one of these days!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread