Atlas MP-15dc With Sound
torikoos Wrote:Cool! Now tell us about your Athearn GP15-1, what's wrong with that, perhaps we can help you to get that going too?
You sure you want me to open that can of worms? The Athearn GP15-1 is one beautifully detailed loco, but as for running - forget it! It won't!!! Here's the issue...

On DCC, it frequently stalls and/or the sound will reset. Not due to dirty track by any means - all the other DCC loco's run just fine with no stalling.

On DC, it won't run at all. Sound will come on at about 7 volts - won't start to move until full 12 volts, then it moves about an inch and stops.

I was messing around with it the other night and it acts like it isn't getting power from the rear truck or at least not all the time. I've taken the shell off (as much as you can because of light wiring) and can't see any loose wires. I can hold it still on the track while running - lift the rear truck off the rail - keeps running. Lift the front truck off the rail - it stops.

Yes, should have returned it to Athearn as soon as I got it. Hobby shop (mail order) where I purchased it would not accept it back for replacement - said send to Athearn. I emailed Athearn about the problem and they said send for repairs at my cost. No way!!!

At this point, I'm just accepting it as a very expensive display model....
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread