Good things come in narrow packages
I guess you didn't really ask for any advice, but, well, you know me! Can't leave well enough alone!

Like the others, I am also glad to see progress. Vicarious model railroading is one reason I hang out at these places. Popcornbeer (This smily needs a big ole belch, don't you think?)

Now, about the bulge in the wall & irregular cuts...not being there with straightedge & level in hand, I'd have to say 'cut' your losses Icon_lol and just factor it in. As long as you compensate for it (leave the entire layout a 1/4" out from the wall perhaps, and make sure the fascia is dead-on) nobody but you & the rest of us will know the truth. Undoubtedly some plywood policeman will show up and try to cite you for accepting and utilizing an inferior product with shoddy cuts, but live on the wild side and just roll with it!

My timesaver was built with mostly salvaged lumber. The 1/4" ply top was from a dumpster diving expedition, the 1x3 framing from the cull lumber bin...I think I already had some yeller glue on hand so mebbe the only thing I purchased was the screws. The 'roadbed' as it is was made from wooden yardsticks I picked up at that trip to the lumber yard to get the screws & framing. The material may be cheap, but it was built to stand up to moving. Once I added the doorskin ply fascia, it got really clean really fast! How'd that happen? If I knew it would improve the looks that much I'd have done it sooner!

All that to say, just keep on keeping on! Looks great so far! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread