Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
O.K. ... being sort of a structural kind of guy, albeit not anything near a structural engineer, I would still ask ...

Which way does the water flow in that stream ... er, ah ... bayou? Does it ever flood there? When it does (if it does,) how quickly does the water pass by the trestle bents? I mean, from what I can see from here, the next set of bents (actually in the water,) as well as the set beyond (still in the water but by the other edge) also have the same "peculiar alignment" as the set you pointed at with the red arrows.

(And, hey, Arlo ... are there also paragraphs on the back of that photo with the arrows on it? I mean, what with your run-in with the sherriff and all ... i was just wonderin' ... back here at the restaurant. 357 357 )

I'd say, if you're building a model of that bridge, build it like that bridge ... otherwise, just build a freelaanced bridge. I'm jus' sayin'.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread