Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
P5se Camelback Wrote:Hmmm ... The three foot rule ... is that in any way similar to the three second rule (as it relates to dropped food) or is it just that it's tired, I'm late (and punchy) and should go back to bed?

biL, the three foot rule is as follows: When running trains on a shelf layout, our eyes are typically three feet from scenes and trains. So any detals that are too small to be seen from three feet are basically wasted effort. But to be honest, I invoke the three foot rule as a cover for my lack of patience with the small details and my lack of modeling skills!

P5se Camelback Wrote:Oh ... and BTW ... I'm not so sure about "smart" ... but I am observant, and I question things constantly (as any good designer would.) So often when I don't really know the answer, I'll make a semi-educated, reasonably deductive, often "right-on-the-button" guess. Just uncannily lucky, I suppose!

Well,. biL, I just want to tell you that you have brought a fresh outlook to Big Blue, and your background in design shows, and I appreciate that. Glad that you decided to stay here!
Thumbsup

P5se Camelback Wrote:But dumb luck aside ... I'm quite pleased that my nonsensical comments caused you to investigate ... to seek answers for my queries and in the process, learn valuable tidbits of information that will help in your efforts to represent this bridge with a realistic model ... one with a reason for being ... or dare I say it ...
... a raison d'etre. Icon_lol Icon_lol

That bridge is one that just drips character ... I'm glad you chose that one!

The more I look at the bridge, the more I like it. It is definitely not the norm for a model layout. One of the things that drew me to this bridge is the pipe columns - the lack of symmetry and the white paint with all the rust. Since weathering is one of my favorite things to do, I'll have plenty of it with this bridge.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread