GEC's roster thread
Herc Driver Wrote:Oh c'mon...you need that Kato GG1 in Nscale...you can't kid us. Think how good it would look sitting on your shelf on some ballasted track. Misngth

Wallbang (I still regret not buying an HO scale Southern High Hood GP30 when they were released...even though I can't run it.)

Yeah, you can't let anything pass you by, or its gone. My mother and my girlfriend don't understand that concept in the trains, but a lot of this stuff these days is made in short runs, and you just don't know what will or will not be there.

For example, for all my Amtrak locomotives, i have only enough cars to make one 2000s era Silver Meteor/Star or a Crescent. I also have 6 Bachmann Amfleet Is, but three of them are 30 year old examples. The Walthers Amfleet cars are in my opinion better in every way (paint, detail, running) than the Bachmanns while also much cheaper.

I figure they'll NEVER retire the Amfleet, these cars are everywhere! Wrong. they just did. Sure, they may retool them, but now all the Walthers amfleets that ARE out there will dry up, and i'm willing to bet they will retool these amfleets with "metal plating" and jack up the price to $50-$60 bucks.

I guess you can't snatch up everything you see, but it gets hard to make the choices sometimes.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread