What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
Well I plan on modeling a section of Conrail’s Boston Line from CP 109 to CP 79 in Central MA around the 1990 - 2002 timeframe. CP 109 is just west of Westfield, MA and CP79 is East of Palmer, MA. Traffic includes many run throughs between Albany and Boston with many local trains. The center part will be West Springfield Yard and you will have 5 locals originating there and several mainline trains that set out and pick up. 2 Industrial Branch lines are also planed that can keep someone busy for hours.

6 Other Railroads will also be included Pioneer Valley RR in Westfield, Amtrak, Connecticut Southern, and Guilford in Springfield and Mass Central and New England Central/CV in Palmer. Each will interchange with CR and Amtrak runs several trains on the line. Trains use to run between Springfield and Boston in my timeframe along with the Vermonter and Lake Shore Limited. I already have all the main sections drawn and just have to tie them in with mainline. Still left is the large yard in West Springfield but I am still trying to figure out the best way to do that.

Here is how the line goes east to West

CP 79 - MP 78.70
Single to Double Track

Palmer, MA MP 83-MP 84
Double to Single track at MP 83
Mass Central RR
Interchange with Central Vermont/New England Central RR
1 Customer
Traffic - Grain, Cement, Salt, Steel, Intermodal, Plastic Pellets, Lumber, Copper, Fly Ash, Coal, Trash/Scrap, Paper, Limestone Slurry.

Wilbraham, MA MP 89
2 Customers
Traffic - Cement, Trash/Scrap

East Springfield MP 92.5
Single to Double track at MP 92
3 Customers
Traffic - Lumber, Paper, Construction Supplies, Beer

Springfield MP 95
1 Customer
Traffic - Paper

Springfield MP 96.30
2 Branch lines serving a variety of customers and Chemical plant.
Traffic, Chemicals, Coal, Cement, Plastic, Lumber, Construction products, Paper, LPG.

Springfield MP 98
Amtrak Station and Interchange with Guilford and Connecticut Southern RR

West Springfield, MA MP 98.8 - MP 100.5
Medium Class Yard / Intermodal yard.
4 Customers.
Traffic - Plastic Pellets, Propane, Coal, Frozen Food + Interchange with CSO and Guilford along with New Haven, CT Traffic.

Westfield MP 105
1 Customer
Traffic - Ballast

Westfield MP 107 - MP 108
Interchange w Pioneer Valley RR
3 Customers
Traffic - Lumber, Salt, LPG, Plastic Pellets, Coal, Oil, Steel, Frozen Food, Paper.

MP 109 - Double to single track
Mark G

Messages In This Thread