What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
Late 1884-early 1885, the Denver South Park & Pacific (along with the Colorado Central, sister roads with heavy interchange). The primary locomotives where Cooke Moguls and Cooke 2-8-0s. The secondary included Baldwin 2-8-0s, Brooks 2-6-0s, Mason Bogies, and a 4-4-0. The portion of the railroad is Gunnison up through Alpine Tunnel to a point beyond (a focus on the Pitkin-Hancock helper district...4 locomotives to move 15 freight cars). I'll have a few cars lettered for the 1890s (DL&G), 1905 (C&S), and the 1930s (C&S). On3

1940s Oahu Railway. Power included 0-6-0s (yards), 2-8-0s, 2-8-2s, and 4-6-0s. I will not model the diesels which worked the yards/docks alongside the 0-6-0s...nor will I model the railbuses. My track plan will be based on the 1920s and most of the rolling stock will be 1940s. Certain locomotives will be in there earlier appearance...especially 4-6-0 #64 which was rebuilt in an ugly manner. The layout will include the docks, Iwilei yards, the industrial switching (canneries, fertilizer, oil, lumber, stockyard), the junction at Waipahu, and some of the industries between there and around Kaena Pt. On3

The Oahu Railway will be the main deck and designed for operation. The South Park will be an eye level layout designed for scenery (limited operation to prevent the disaster of operating crews mangling the rolling stock while attempting to uncouple the Link & Pin couplers)

I'll do some stuff with the NKP in HO, probably modular and set between 1946 and July 1948 (the road power was still 100% steam). The power will be Nickel Plate hudsons (my favorite locomotives), an NKP pacific, an H-5 2-8-2, and, of course, NKP 765 (I rode her today and will do so again tomorrow).

No diesels...unless I build a White Pass unit, get a really good deal on a P2K PA-1, or perhaps one of Grandt Line's discontinued NCNG diesel kits (On3).

Everything is prototypical, but I'm not a stickler for out-of-era models running on my layout(s). I'm interested in what was...and I'll gladly run a 1920s train on a 1940s layout...but I must have enough equipment for the correct time period.

Michael
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread