What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
nkp_174 Wrote:Late 1884-early 1885, the Denver South Park & Pacific

I've heard a lot of chatter on layouts in this era; either the practitioners are better than average communicators, or the era is becoming more popular. Or some well known modelers of the era are inspiring others (which I suppose is a combination of the first two)

nkp_174 Wrote:On3

NOT a common choice nowadays, especially with the rise of On30. Will this layout be proto48? My impression is that modelers in this scale / gauge are more prototype focused

nkp_174 Wrote:The Oahu Railway will be the main deck and designed for operation. The South Park will be an eye level layout designed for scenery

I like the idea of splitting interests; it would keep inspiration fresh at the expense of more running room for one scale. Nice combination of layout roles as well

nkp_174 Wrote:(limited operation to prevent the disaster of operating crews mangling the rolling stock while attempting to uncouple the Link & Pin couplers)

I think you may have answered the "proto48" question above! Big Grin And, what, you don't trust your guys to handle inky dinky links with tweezers (or whatever the process is)? 357

nkp_174 Wrote:No diesels
Thumbsup

nkp_174 Wrote:NKP 765 (I rode her today and will do so again tomorrow).
Was up to see 763 and the roundhouse again a couple of weeks ago. That got us talking about steam excursions; may try to get up to the Cadillac excursion next month.
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread