What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
tomustang Wrote:Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?

Are Steam, Diesel, Electric or all/some of both?

What are your railroads and what's the rolling stock consist of for deliveries/industries?

Is it Freelance or Compressed Prototype or even exact scale replica?

Primarily Diesel, although I just bought my first Steam Engine awhile back, so I will eventually dabble with some steam locos. I like the Consolidation class locos. I am not really into monster or bigger engines steam or diesel. I've always been a fan of the underdog I guess. I instantly thought for some reason(s) I cannot explain that high nose GP7's were the coolest things ever since sliced bread. I've also often heard Consolidations referred to as the Geeps of their time, which is probably why I began to have a fondness for them as well. Not to small, not too big, they are the Goldilocks engine for me...just right.

My Rail Road is primarily Canadian Pacific. However, I have thought about grabbing up some Canadian National Geeps and swapping out road names for some variety every once and a while.

My layout is Freelanced, based with some emphasis on prototypical buildings, structures, and a thirst for learning about some RR history. I usually find something that interests me and then ask myself, "Can I reasonable justify its existence on my layout?". If the answer is yes, then I hold on to what ever plans or info or pictures I have until I'm ready to go ahead. Incidentally I say, "yes" often which means I've acquired quite a collection of stuff. Undoubtedly when the time comes, I imagine I'll probably start thinning the herd a bit here.

That's pretty much it.

Messages In This Thread