DCC and "Seasoned" Brass Locomotives
When I was a young boy (in the early 1950's) my family would travel from North Philadelphia to the Pocono Mountains for the month of August for my Dad's vacation from his duties as a Methodist Minister. On the morning of the first of August, I used to stand on the sidewalk and watch with studied interest as Dad packed all of the suitcases, cardboard boxes and all of the assorted additional items necessary to support a family of two adults, three children and a German Sheherd for a month into the trunk of a '49 Chrysler Windsor Coupe and then place the play pen, the high chair and any larger items that wouldn't fit into the trunk on the roof rack and tie them down with the cotton rope that was normally the family back yard clothes line.

When he was finished, you would not have been able to slip the morning newspaper into that trunk ... there was not two square millimeters of wasted space -- that amount of stuff would only fit in the trunk of that coupe one way, and that is the way it was done ... the man was a master at space utilization! [Once on the road I'm sure we looked like a band of Gypsies, all crammed into and on top of that coupe! I can remember him commenting to Mom about being able to feel the affects of the wind on the car!]

Lets just say that I studied that exercise at the beginning and end of every August for years until, as a teenager, I became an indentured apprentice ... but I had already learned the basic skills by years of observation, and was now learning to put those skills into practice under the scrutiny of the Master. I can still out-pack anyone -- I double-dog dare you to a challenge!

If it's at all possible to fit what's necessary to convert into one of those Camelbacks to DCC, I'll find the way! And if it's deemed "not possible" by the nay-sayers, I may still find a way!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread