Penn Central
I have always appreciated seeing the pictures and reading the histories of the various railroads everyone models. And even been inspired to purchase an engine or car based on the information I've learned and appreciated. So I'm at another cross roads of sorts that maybe you guys can help me out with. Kato has announced a release of their E8's in the Penn Central "PC" black and white. I've never thought about owning a Penn Central -anything- before since it pre-dates my layout's time frame by a number of years. But, I'm also a fan of running (either real or not) excursion trains. So my question is this...is there any organizations that have a Penn Central E8 on their excursion or museum refurb roster? I guess I'm trying to justify buying one of those black E8's and just looking for a reason to pull the trigger and order one. I already have the Kato GG-1 in black Amtrak colors on order and thought it might be interesting to have the black E8 run behind the black GG-1 on an excursion run to please the GG-1 fans on my LPP layout, but I can't find a single picture of a GG-1 and E8 running together. I've heard stories of the E8's running behind the GG-1's when they were out of the catenary system, but haven't found a single picture on the popular sites.

So I know there's some PC fans out there, and here's your chance to blast away with those E8 and GG-1 pictures, stories, histories and such. C'mon...let's see 'em! Help a guy decide whether or not to buy a black PC E8.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread