Programming Decoders for Prototypical Sound and Movement
I played around with the loco last night while trying different values for CV's 209 and 210. I left 210 at 4 and 209 at 25 ....I think. I see what you mean by the jerky motion. I'd play with both values, get it just about right and think, "I've almost got it." Go to the next value and it would start spazzing again. So any how...this has helped so far. I'll still play with it a bit more and see if I can smooth it out a bit. The lowest I could get CV 210 was three before the loco would altogether stop moving*, and it would just creep along, but I haven't found a value for 209 that would remove the jerkiness when set at three. Granted I didn't go as high as 40 for CV 209 and the jerky motion was subtle. Perhaps I need to keep increasing the value or I'm being too critical?

Right now I can couple the loco so slow that it doesn't move the car its coupling to until the couplers are fully engaged. Neat stuff.

*(I read in the Tsunami manual that if you put both values to 0 the loco will not move.)

I'd still like to be able to notch the engine sound though at slow speeds. Is there a way to do this to get that EMD whine out of the decoder when its just starting to accelerate under load? It's a neat sound effect I'd like to be able to duplicate.

Edit...NM. I found what I was looking for.

"Manual Notching
As the name implies, Manual Notching allows you to control the engine RPMs manually and independently of the throttle setting. Manual Notching allows for more prototypical operating scenarios such as having a heavy train slowly climb a grade while the engines are laboring at full power.
To use Manual Notching, set CV 116 to 0. Then, the engine RPMs will increase by one notch each time Function 9 is pressed. Similarly, the RPMs can be decreased using Function 10. Unlike Automatic Notching, pressing Emergency Stop will reduce the engine speed to idle. Once the engine is idling, you shut it off by pressing Function 10."

Sure helps to read the manual sometimes don't it. Misngth

Messages In This Thread