SP&S Redmond Free-Mo
Sumpter250 Wrote:And..... rarely ever any "power struggles". It's what has kept me with the "Lake County Society of Modular Engineers", long after ending my association with the Lake County Model Railroad Club ( I still have their website linked here, good people, but still, a "club", with "officers". ).

I could never understand that? To me MRR is a hobby, an interest. A way to escape and have some fun while learning ( with some occasional venting at times but I digress...). I have toyed around with visiting or perhaps joining the local club around here. If anything to just learn from others and enjoy an evening a couple times a month. What I don't need is some uber MRRer barking at me because I don't know what I'm doing or its against club regulations. I'm not big fan of rules...especially when they infringe on the fun factor. Plus I enjoy the idea that right now...the hobby is "mine". I'm afraid joining a club might take away that feeling.

Kinda silly thought isn't it?

I imagine I'll wander over one night and say hello...there is no obligation to join the minute you walk in the door. Misngth

Messages In This Thread