Plug-n-Play decoder, non-Plug-n-Play Loco?
Thanks for the nod, Charlie ... I thought it sounded pretty kool! Kinda "clunky"! I only say that as I have heard so many idling EMD 567's and 645's, they sound smoothly "normal" in comparison.

I thought this would be an easy "first decoder install," but just as I chose Wooten fire boxes and Camelbacks for the motive power of my Lehigh Susquehanna & Western, it seems that when I finally decided to buy a diesel, I didn't chose a "common, every day, everybody's got a few" diesel, either! How funny!

O.K., so it will be an interesting DCC decoder conversion, this Reading Company Class OE-11 Alco S-2. But I've already learned more in the past two weeks about diesels in general and Alco S-1's and S-2's in particular than I had known about diesels in total over the whole rest of my life!

Ahhh, education ... learning ... a fun, important thing, even for us "Old Farts!" [My Grandfather used to say, "A day lived without learning anything is a day wasted!"]

Thanks, again, Charlie, for the positive review on the sound! I'm even more determined to "do it right" now than I was before ... and it was that mind-set that made me write to Soundtraxx in the first place!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread