Plug-n-Play decoder, non-Plug-n-Play Loco?
I have read every word with great hunger and have then sat back to digest the input with an ounce of fine Irish malt sipping spirits after every reading. Tasty both mentally and physically!

I appreciate the inputs by The Squidbait and by Randy ... first hand knowledge of decoders and their installation tricks and eventually programming speed curves, and adding capacitors, etc. The thoughts behind making the decoder choice is well-laid-out by both of you.

And Charlie, your input from a 1:1 scale perspective is invaluable. I've had a question up on another forum re: the "voice" of an S-2 for a couple days, there have been hits but no answers. But here, Charlie offers "voice info" without being asked ... but then ... this is Big Blue at The-Gauge! My next question is, though, what did the Reading #'s 42 through 47 sound like ... and can you tell what manufacturer's horn by just looking, or must you actually put an ear out in front of it to know?

I have yet to hear back from Mr. Ireland of Soundtraxx ... I'm awaiting a response to my second question of the potential of an Alco 539T in a TSU-1000 package ...

And, Yo! Squid! That #810113 speaker is a serious sound generator! That thing looks like it would fill the whole hood of a diminutive S-2! I'm going to mock the speaker up in corrugated (what a medium!) and see if there's room inside there! Thanks!

Keep the input coming ... I'm loving the learning experience!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread