Plug-n-Play decoder, non-Plug-n-Play Loco?
Hold on, I'll go get my Reading loco diagrams book and see just which single note honker they had.

Rats, no info. Some of them mention the horn type, others do not. Some EMD switchers had Typhon single note horns - it would probably be reasonable to assume they were somewhat consistent, but the place to ask is on the Readign Modeler web site.

As for function limits - not an issue with Reading locos, they had 2 lights - front and rear. No beacons, no strobes, no Mars lights, no ditch lights.

And as for programming - yes they all work with programmign on the main and no booster, but it does defeat the idea of a low current program track to TEST things before you put it on the full power main track. On the program track, a wiring mistake won't fry that shiny new $100+ sound decoder. Might be a quirk of the MRC system but I've been able to program CV17 and CV18 directly on QSI decoders, no fooling with the index values (at least for address). Plus the Rev-U worked on the programming track, changing the address directly without any CV17/18 calculations. None of the sound decoders are particularly 'easy' to configure, there are just so many options. This is what DecoderPro is for.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread