Lights, Decoder, ACTION!
Well, I looked at this thing and thought …

… There’s no way this is any more complicated than that C&O H6 Articulated I took entirely apart, painted, decaled and then put back together for a client, back when I was managing the Allied Hobbies store in the Plymouth Meeting Mall, back in the mid-seventies. Yeah, O.K., so that was a year or two ago, but c’mon …

So, out came the jeweler’s screwdrivers and the Optivisor and the high intensity light and I started removing screws, carefully noting which one came from where (see the blue painter’s tape in the photos.) Lo, and behold, all my anticipated problems have vanished … clever people, these South Koreans at Ajin! (Now I shall have to get together a crew of “modern” LPB’s to take their rightful places in the cab!)

I now wish I had taken photos of the mess that was the pre-reassembly situation with the rear truck, with all the parts and many tiny #00-80 screws … but putting it back together after not having been the one who took it apart was a bit of a bugger, and I will not be taking it apart for photos, unless of course, it doesn’t run. If that turns out to be the case, any work done to correct the problem will be photographed. BTW, I never found the supposedly “”broken” plastic part described by the seller on EBay … I think he took it apart for some reason and just couldn’t figure out how to properly put it back together.

Anyway, this evening’s project will be to go through a couple of boxes that I just re-packed two weeks ago that say “LS&W - Electrical” on the outside and find the MRC Tech II and some wire so I can give this unit a “power test” and, if successful, let it have a “run-in” session.

In the meantime, the following photos will hopefully satisfy your desire for colorful images, Dave!

The break-down into the four basic components …

[Image: TheFourMainComponents.jpg]

BiL’s method of keeping track of what screw goes where …

[Image: KeepingtheScrewsinProperOrder.jpg]

The cab interior that caused (almost) total disassembly …

[Image: TheCabInterior.jpg]

See- thru fans …

[Image: See-ThroughFans.jpg]

The Cab front showing the headlights …

[Image: CabFrontwithHeadlights.jpg]

The Low Hood showing the holes for Classification Lights …

[Image: LowHoodwithClassificationLights.jpg]

The High Hood showing Headlights and holes for Classification Lights …

[Image: HighHoodwithClassificationLights.jpg]

So … now I have a little work to do ... a little research, a little measuring, a little shell interior volume management, a little speaker identification and a little electronics work, soldering, etc. …

… and yes, I’ll photograph my way through the process.

Now … I wonder which box that MRC Tech II is in?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread