Lights, Decoder, ACTION!
HMmmm! Got it! I never thought to look at it like that.

Like I said, the Alco S-2 aside (it was purchased and arrived here after the GP39-2 ...) this GP39-2 is my first decoder install and I expect there to be bumps in the road. The first such bump being the fact that I have already acquired a TSU-1000 "packaged" decoder (list minus $30) and will be using that. As the proper sounds for the S-2 are only available on a TSU-AT1000 decoder, I will get to experience that type of install next and will, at that point, have a bit of knowledge about the comparison of which you speak.

I have been studying the speaker situation and, not knowing that much about sound waves, the whole 200-20k Hz vs. 750 -3.5k Hz is a bit of a puzzlement! I suppose I'll have to spend some time researching the Hz range and what it takes to make high-pitched sounds and low-pitched sounds.

What a hobby ... where you learn about such diverse things as basic carpentry, geology, history and the science of sound waves ... all as part of your favorite hobby! Kool! What other hobby offers the opportunity to learn from such a diverse curriculum?

Thank you, Mr. Wood of a Singular Nature! I do appreciate your considered input, as well as the input of the others who have offered their own empirical expertise. It is exactly the type of volunteering of one's knowledge to assist another that makes this forum such a valluable resource, as well as a kool place to "hang out!"
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread