Poll: Do You run DC or DCC
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DC
32.69%
17 32.69%
DCC
63.46%
33 63.46%
Arm chair
3.85%
2 3.85%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DC/DCC
tetters Wrote:I say give it a few more years though and you'll see something like DCCplus or Blu Ray DCC. And then those of use with DCC with be bemoaning the introduction of this new, bigger and better technology to the hobby. Misngth

Lets hope when that occurs that the same basic standards are supported so that us DCC "old farts" (relatively) can still run our "legacy" decoders...

I took the plunge into DCC in the late '90's (1998, I think) shortly after I became active in the hobby again. I was wringing my hands somewhat over what is a relatively expensive piece of kit until the moment I ran two identical locomotives on the same stretch of track - at different speeds! It was an epiphany on the magnitude of touching the inside of a Microwave oven and finding that it, in fact, was NOT hot! (Remember those LItton commercials in the '70's?)

Most of my locomotives were purchased DCC ready, and I've converted one brass locomotive. My dad has a larger fleet of non-DCC locomotives, and those conversions are in fact expensive in time and treasure. Would I have switched if I already had a larger fleet of locos? Can't say for sure, but - probably.
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread