Poll: Do You run DC or DCC
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DC
32.69%
17 32.69%
DCC
63.46%
33 63.46%
Arm chair
3.85%
2 3.85%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DC/DCC
I do think that rtr locomotives without decoders will follow the dinosaurs in the next 10 years or so. The cost for a basic DCC chips is very low (as I recall, B-man's newer On30 locomotives all come DCC equiped). I expect train sets to follow in due time. For my son with his E-Z track, it isn't very easy to put Gordon on a siding while Thomas is running and then have the locomotives trade places. With DCC, it would be easy. I'd expect that it actually increase the number of additional locomotives sold to trainset owners.

Will DC disappear? T think it will over time. Those that don't want to switch over will likely be able to continue to run the new DCC locomotives in conventional mode. One of my local MR buddies is making the switch right now...to add Tsunamis...on his well-developed 1900 railroad.

I haven't yet made my big capital outlay to drop chips into everything. 1/2 of my On3 roster is still conventional, but I run my layout in DCC mode almost exclusively due to the benefits it provides. Only one or two of my HO locomotives have decoders installed. I'm waiting for $5 or so aftermarket decoders to begin installing them in most of my HO locomotives. My best stuff will get Tsunamis or whatever is best when I'm ready to put them to use (right now, my HO stuff is without a railroad...so there isn't much point in burning the money).

(hurray! I haven't been able to log in for a few weeks...I cleaned my cookies out and it let me log in!)
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread