Poll: Do You run DC or DCC
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DC
32.69%
17 32.69%
DCC
63.46%
33 63.46%
Arm chair
3.85%
2 3.85%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DC/DCC
No joke about the decoder installations, Les. (By the way, in Canada we can also vote for whom we like. Unfortunately, like in America, there's not an awful lot of acceptable choices - mine is often "None of the above". I'm not sure if you're offered the opportunity to refuse your ballot in the U.S., though.) Wink Goldth

Anyway, to the issue of decoders (I don't want to sidetrack this thread, though) - I've run into some problems. The locomotives run great, but I don't fully understand the "how-to" of setting CVs - where to make the adjustments for starters. There doesn't appear to be any adjustment on the decoders themselves and I'm not sure where else to look. I got these from a friend, supposedly "new", and very cheap, as he said that they're a very basic model with no "bells & whistles" (literally Misngth ) and that most folks would want something with more features (exactly what I wanted, though). I didn't get any instructions with them but he showed me how to do one, and assured me that installation would be "a snap" (which it was, and no sign either of that "magic smoke" to which I've seen references). He's gone on vacation, but I figured someone here can help me out. There aren't any markings on the units, so I don't know the brand. I'll try to get a picture later, although my camera fell off the tripod yesterday and doesn't look too good.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread