Mt. Union Connecting Railroad Co. - Layout Progress Thread
Hey guys. As I said in the APRR progress thread, I am not able to build the Apple Peak Railroad & Coal Co. layout, but my persistance in modeling a piece of Huntingdon County/Broad Top Mountain history is unwavering.

I have decided to model a shortline running from Mt. Union, PA to Allenport, PA, operating from a connection with Norfolk Southern, over the East Broad Top and ex-PRR main from before the 1907 re-alignment, and serving an industrial park named the Riverview Business Center.

I have several industries planned that are not actually in the park, but the one industry that will be there will be a company named Sylco, who pulled out of locating in the park, and caused the line to lose a major traffic source. I also plan to have the rail-served portion of a GERN refinery there. The only other sources of traffic will be a truck-to-train transfer structure and the loading dock that was built from ties just north of the Jefferson Street grade crossing in Mt. Union.

I plan to make the layout from 9 modules. I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop on the layout progress.

Messages In This Thread