P5se Camelback’s EOY Challenge
Thanks for the head's up, Pete! I do appreciate it!

My guess is that no matter what I would get for artwork, I would be shooting it up, "cleaning it up" and then reducing it to 200% of HO size. I have dealt with production artwork for years for such things as control panels, regulatory labels and the like, but I have never gone through the process of having model railroad decals produced, although I did generate several pieces of artwork for them a number of years ago (back in the late '70's, actually.)

My original artwork was set by hand, one letter at a time, at 400% and then reduced to 200% of final HO size, the size that had been requested by Donald B. Manlick, a custom decal producer back then. (I don't know if he's even still in business ... I haven't seen one of his ads in years!) This is one of the pieces of artwork I produced back then, the Herald for my Lehigh Susquehanna & Western ... I just never got around to having the decals made ... everything went into storage before I got around to it!

[Image: LSWHerald-1.jpg]

If I can find a good "camera service" (Kinko's, Office Depot or some place capable of producing what I would call "camera-ready art,") I should be in great shape as far as sending Rail Graphics what they would need.

I'm hoping that this artwork deal happens ... the lettering on the N scale model the fellow on the Reading Modeler built looks pretty good! Plus, I would send my LS&W artwork in for sets of those at the same time!

BTW, I did invite him to visit us and consider becoming a regular here ... as I always do on other forums!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread