gobbleygook DCC
Charlie,
To set a CV on a decoder you need to see the decoder manual. It should tell you what the CV does and what numbers to program it to.
There are 8 bits of information in a CV. Several earlier post have shown this. Let me expand a little. Each bit is off or on. Also each bit has a value.
I tried to draw a small sketch for you but I don't know how to attach it to this post. So I will hope this might help
Draw 8 boxes next to each other on a straight line. Starting with the first box on your right put a number starting with 0 over the box and move to your left, the next box will be 1 then 2 until you have them all numbered. These are the bits 0 thought 7. Now each one of these boxes have a value.
The 0 box is 1, the 1 box is 2, the 2 box is 4, the next box is 8 . As you can see each next box is twice the value of the last box.
So if you look at bit 6 the value should be 64. and bit 7 is 128. Now the decoder should inform you on which bit s need to be on to make that CV behave the way you what it to. To turn on bit 1 and bit 6 in a CV you will need to make the number in that CV 66. That will turn on these bits for that CV.
Hope this might help.

Messages In This Thread